Nursery and Preschool sessions
Musical Friends Runs sessions in Pre schools and Nursery, Delivering our music and movement programme in local nurseries and preschools.
Here is a preview of what a class typically looks like. https://youtu.be/PcJ6bgSO_tU
We offer weekly classes as well as parties and our Early Years Foundation Stage- based sessions are filled with fun songs, dancing and instruments to complement the existing work being carried out in your curriculum.
- Communication: Our classes contain simple nursery rhymes or action songs, which the children can learn the words to. We also use role-play, such as pretending to be monkeys on the bed with our monkey mascot, to encourage children to find new ways to express themselves.
- Physical Development: Each class contains action songs such as Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes or Sleepy Bunnies.
- Personal, Social & Emotional Development: Our sessions encourage interaction with parents, grandparents or guardians and other children. The children learn to share monkey, the instruments and other equipment such as balls or the parachute.
- Literacy: Our classes are filled with opportunities for children to learn new words or phrases either through singing or the introduction of themed toys such as Easter eggs, buckets and spades in the summer or Christmas decorations in December.
- Mathematics: Each session begins with waking monkey and the themed toys up, by counting to five several times and then counting the number of toys that monkey has brought to play with.
- Understanding the World: The themed toys allow the children to learn more about what is going on around them be it a change in season, a national holiday etc.
- Expressive Arts & Design: We provide the children with several ways to express themselves and explore their surroundings in particular each session ends with several minutes of dancing with parents or guardians using colourful pom poms.
We already offer classes in a number of nurseries and preschools and teachers have seen huge benefits, noticing improvements in the children’s confidence; allowing them an opportunity to observe how the children interact with new people and how their students deal with a change to their usual routine and activities - all while knowing the music and fun is continuing the children’s EYFS learning.
We asked some of our parents to tell us why they enjoy coming to Musical Friends classes. https://youtu.be/buSnDXqMQ5Q
We offer weekly, fortnightly or monthly sessions and would love to hear from you if you would like more information about costs and availability.
Debbie Henshall Musical Friends